When a client wants to start a new business, we provide our client with information and advice regarding the different types of business entities that may be formed in California. These are:
- General Partnership.
- Limited Partnership.
- Limited Liability Partnership.
- Limited Liability Company.
- California Statutory Close Corporation.
- General Stock Corporation.
- Professional Corporation.
- Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation.
- Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation.
- Nonprofit Religious Corporation.
- Social Purpose Corporation.
We explain the structure, the advantages, and the disadvantages of each type of business organization, and we work with the client to select the type that will best suit the client’s needs. Issues involved include ownership, control, management, purpose, potential personal liability, tax consequences, administrative requirements, ease of operation, means of raising capital, and transferability of interests.
Once the client has selected the appropriate business entity, we prepare the documents necessary to form, establish, and register the entity, and to begin operation of the entity. Depending on the type of entity, these documents include:
- Articles of Incorporation.
- Articles of Organization.
- Certificate of Limited Partnership.
- Statement of Partnership Authority.
- Application to Register a Limited Liability Partnership.
- Incorporator’s Statement.
- Operating Agreement.
- Partnership Agreement.
- Buy-Sell Agreement.
- Shareholder Agreement.
- Statement of Information.
- Waiver of Notice and Consent to Holding of First Meeting of Board of Directors.
We advise and assist each client on a wide range of matters including:
- Corporate Governance.
- Employment Practices.
- Regulatory Compliance.
- Risk Management.
- Types of Insurance.
- Registration of a fictitious business name.
- State and federal application to register a trademark.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.